Saturday, January 23, 2021

First night

 I enjoyed cycling over the runway at sumburgh also enjoyed what I seen of jarlshof and the Iron Age broch near sumburgh everything was shut though and it was cold I cycled on 


The second trig of the day was near the road not too high I left the bike at the road and walked up then discovered had I cycled further I could have taken a track with the bike! 


Time was marching on its short days here at this time of year and I didn’t want to pitch the tent in the dark! I stopped at a shop and garage area to study the map there was no way I was going to get up the hopes for third trig this day it was time to find a pitch 

   I spoke to a fellow cyclist at the shop and told him what I was up to he said I could camp in front of his hotel? This was perfect I jumped at the offer and it worked out extremely well 


This was the first time I had used this tent it was very draughty I shall have to find out why and fix it as the cold disturbed my sleep earplugs in for the wind plenty layers on it certainly wasn’t glamping 



No comments:

Post a Comment