Saturday, February 6, 2021

lerwick & oor dunc

both my work mate Duncan’s have been absolute legends for Kenny’s daunder they have both went above and beyond mates duties on helping me out with my adventure/daunder/saunter/ dallyings, I am extremely lucky to have great guys like them in my life when dunc had to dash off to take care of his dad he was apologetic to me for changing our plans I was very much the please do not say sorry the important stuff is making sure your dads ok/comfortable kenjo is out having a jolly and can look after himself no problem, I walked into town passed the clickaminn broch locked and closed for winter/covid, I then walked along the cracking shore front path with loads of great information boards back up towards the town centre this bit is known as the sooth mooth a very interesting area when the path hit the main road, I stopped because an air ambulance flew over!
I started filming on my phone as I thought I was witnessing an air rescue but I want it was a training exercise the winchman was going down to retrieve something the helicopter had dropped into the sea? lots of the main street shops display the costume worn by the guiser jarl,for up helly Aa which is really cool
As I was filming a car pulled over and the driver got oot for a chat it was mcscheibs (tom M) he was heading out nightshift that night, he said I was in workmate central with cal tug AJ and himself all living in the area I was standing, he had to go but was pleased to see me, strangely I had met sandy on the pier the previous night and throughout my visit to lerwick I was consistently waving at folk?! I wondered if it was the beard or whether it was actually all folk that knew me? Or are folk in lerwick just really nice and friendly and smile give you a thumbs up nod or wave?
I text AJ who said he would come pick me up and go for coffee, we had coffee and I had fish and chips again! In a nice restaurant next to the tesco, its tier three in lerwick so cafes are open until six strangely much of the rest of the island the cafes are all shut,
I had a pleasant walk around lerwick taking in the sights, its strange that all the streets at the centre have signs says stuff like bank street formerly known as swallow street! Why did most of the old town have a former name?! it is a nice town though I enjoyed my stroll round fort charlotte the shopping area pier and old graveyard, then dunc text me he came in and picked me up I had dinner with him and his lovely family he proper looked after me for the next day what a star

No comments:

Post a Comment